Salary: circa £32,000 depending on experience (plus benefits)
Hours: ideally 9:00 - 5:30 (40 hours per week Monday to Friday), although some part time working can be considered.
Location: UK. Home and/or office based with some flexibility required to attend the Head Office in Kettering, Northants from time to time.
Reports to: HR Knowledge Manager
HR Content Author Role
This role is to support HR Solutions’ HR Knowledge Base offering, as well as our offering to Partnerships and Membership bodies. Now HR Solutions is part of the WorkNest, family, the Knowledge team will also be responsible for maintaining and developing the Knowledge Base for the wider WorkNest HR team as well as its client base.
In this role you will be part of a team responsible for keeping the HR knowledge on the HR Knowledge Base up to date, which involves updating current content, as well as creating new content as required.
In addition, you will play an important part in helping to provide a standard approach to ensure there is consistency of advice to the HR advisors and consultants across the WorkNest HR teams.
To be successful in this role you will need to have to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of employment legislation and best practice across all sectors that our clients work in, have a high aptitude for our changing use of technology and have excellent written English and good presentation skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge Base support
To work with the Knowledge Manager to maintain and develop the content and dissemination of relevant HR knowledge within the business by:
- Utilising a variety of sources to monitor changes in employment law, case law and best practice
- To review and update the HR Knowledge Base content (including articles, and associated documents including guides, checklists and fact sheets) thus creating an appropriate library of relevant information for portal clients, HR advisors and consultants
- To regularly review and update, in agreement with the Knowledge Manager, all the template documentation that we use ensuring that they are then uploaded to the HR Knowledge Base
- To keep up to date with developments in human resources best practice and Employment Law changes
- To support the Knowledge Manager in researching and writing agreed client communications including monthly ‘hot topics’ and newsletters.
To assist the Knowledge Manager in ensuring that the HRC Teams have the necessary knowledge to deliver a high quality of customer service by:
- providing content for relevant updates and checklists
- acting as a source of legal reference and advice on queries
- To deputise for the Knowledge Manager when required
- To support the Knowledge Manager with providing content for marketing as required
- Confident communicator with high level of oral and written English
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage own time effectively
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Ability to work to deadlines when required
- Generalist HR Knowledge/experience at a senior level
- To be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge and understanding of current employment legislation and its practical application
- Be confident with the use of new technology
- Be computer literate and proficient in MS Office, web based applications
- Must be able to work under own initiative
What we offer in return:
In exchange for working for a fast-growing company, which is committed to developing and rewarding its passionate team, you will receive:
- Salary of circa £32,000 pa, depending on experience
- Regular expert training and updates on HR and employment law
- 25 days holiday, plus your ‘Birthday day off’
- Flexible holiday scheme to buy / sell holiday
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Assurance scheme (4 x salary)
- Save As You Earn scheme
- My Staff Shop discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Gym membership subsidy
- Refer a friend or family member reward
- Free Will writing service
We’re a flexible, forward-thinking brand, delivering innovation to the HR, Payroll and Health & Safety sector.
Our team of consultants work with SMEs to help them to manage their workforce by providing expert advice and services.
We’ve won multiple awards for our customer commitment, and although we’ve been established since 2001, we’re still growing fast and expanding our passionate team.