Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: c£45,000 dependent on experience
Location: Kettering / Homeworking
HR Solutions are a fast-growing HR and H&S Consultancy providing a variety of HR and Health and Safety Services to small and medium sized business across the UK. HR Solutions have a very strong service offering backed with numerous awards for our customer service.
We have grown organically as well as through merger and acquisition.
This role is to help to run the finance operations across the group of companies.
The objectives of the job holder, initially, will be to take control of the company finance department, to ensure that the department delivers an excellent support service to the business.
It is important that the Management Accountant drives accurate, timely and efficient information that is not only compliant but highly commercial to support the business in delivering its strategic objectives.
The job holder will be expected to support the business with overall monthly MI and ad hoc information requests and take personal responsibility for the analysis & interpretation of company financial information, and to develop the financial strategy of the business in conjunction with the shareholders.
1. Budgeting & Forecasting
• Assisting in the preparation of annual budgets
• Assisting with the monthly forecasting and annual budgeting and updating rolling forecasts in the management accounts.
2. Business Improvement Initiatives
• Reviewing customer margins and challenging any significant margin variations
• Working closely with non-finance Managers to ensure the financial information is accurate
• Establishing areas for operational improvement within the business and supporting the Board and Senior Management Team in delivering improvements
• Ensure that all finance team activities are carried out to agreed timetables and to appropriate standards of accuracy.
• Improving processes and implementing controls, specifically reviewing the month end processes and making improvements to eliminate any non-value adding activities and reviewing financial controls and processes and making agreed changes where necessary to ensure that financial and management controls are in place, communicated and effective.
3. Production of the monthly management accounts
• Producing the monthly management accounts and executive board report and analysis consistent with the commercial aims of the business on a timely basis, including reviewing actuals costs against budget and providing commentary where necessary. This will include hands-on activities including:
• Reconciliation of nominal ledger account
• Reviewing and processing monthly journals including prepayments and accruals
• Maintaining other reconciliation schedules required for both balance sheet & profit & loss reporting to ensure all are fully reconciled before month end closure
• Maintaining fixed asset register and posting monthly depreciation journals.
4. Production of an Executive Board Report monthly
• Ensuring that accurate and timely financial information is available to the Board.
• Reporting on monthly figures
Working with the individual members of the finance team the job-holder will be expected to ensure effective management of key finance functions including:
• Producing, reviewing and processing, VAT Returns
• Dealing with HMRC queries and reporting any findings.
• Client invoicing
• Statement production
• Assisting with client bank reconciliations.
• Reviewing weekly supplier payments and authorising payment on the banking system
• Reviewing and authorising ad-hoc payment as and when they are needed
• Supporting the collation of information for R&D Tax credits
• Oversight of the maintenance of data to enable cash flow forecasts to be produced
• Processing monthly payroll journals and reconciling salary, PAYE & NIC control accounts and reconciling figures with HMRC records
• Producing, reviewing and processing PAYE submissions.
Skills, Experience & Attributes
- CIMA/ ACCA/ACA Qualified
- Strong Finance Manager or Financial Controller experience
- You will also need excellent communication skills and the ability to interpret meaningful information to non-financial Managers
- Have a continuous improvement mentality and the ability to drive change
- Looking for a role where you can develop and grow with the business for the long term
- Self-motivated and able to work in a professional target driven environment
- Confident relationship builder
- Ability to work towards targets and goals
- Computer Literate
- Experience of using Xero
- Experience of using a CRM Database, preferably Dynamics