ours: 40 hours per week
Salary: c£40,000 Dependent on experience + £5,000 pa car allowance
Location: Kettering / Homeworking
We are a fast-growing Health & Safety and Fire consultancy, based in Northamptonshire. We are PLC owned and opportunities exist within the Group to progress. Now we are part of the WorkNest family, that growth continues and you will join our expert team of consultants.
As a result of on-going growth and expansion, we are recruiting a health and safety consultant with proven experience in the delivery of health and safety advice in the construction sector.
Ideally, candidates will have previous experience of supporting Clients, Design Teams and Contractors in the application of CDM 2015.
We strongly believe in recognising and rewarding high performance, and sharing our success with those who help to make it happen. We understand the value of staying up to date with developments in our profession and actively support our staff in professional and personal development.
This is an office-based position, which involves visiting Clients’ sites, largely within a 50-mile radius of our Northamptonshire base, although some extended travel may be required on occasions, possibly involving overnight stays. Due to the nature of some of our clients, the successful candidate will be required to complete a yearly Enhanced DBS/CRB check.
Key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Pro-actively managing a portfolio of Clients, predominately in the construction sector, providing risk-based solutions and advice,
• Fulfilling the role of Principal Designer as defined by the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, and providing CDM advice and guidance to Clients.
• Attending pre-start/design team meetings, advising Designers regarding significant risks and preparing Design Risk Registers.
• Preparing Pre-Construction Information, Construction Phase Plans and Health and Safety Files.
• Fulfilling the role of competent health and safety advisor to Clients, both retained and occasional,
• Providing email and telephone advice in a prompt manner,
• Carrying out audits and risk assessments,
• Developing Policies, procedures and safe systems of work,
• Carrying out accident investigations and recommending remedial measures,
• Attending / chairing Client meetings.
Professional competencies/qualifications required:
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate,
• Principal Designer/CDM accreditations/qualifications – Preferably APS Membership,
• GradIOSH status, preferably CMIOSH, or actively working towards CMIOSH status, with a proven track record of hands-on safety advice,
• Thorough understanding of current health & safety and fire legislation with proven ability to interpret and apply in a practical and proportional manner,
• Excellent verbal, written and organisational skills, and the ability to manage multiple clients, balancing competing priorities and needs for time and attention.
• Strong sense of ownership, taking responsibility for Client relationships, retention and expansion.
• Strong IT skills. Able to develop and amend documents in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
• Professional, courteous, responsive and approachable, with distinctive problem solving, analytical and research skills.
• Thorough, with attention to detail.
Package and Benefits include:
• Salary of £38k-£42k, depending upon experience, skills and qualifications,
• Company pension scheme,
• Death in service insurance,
• Employee assistance programme with 24-hour telephone help line,
• Business miles allowance.